By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.
— Benjamin Franklin
First-In Training provides emergency and workplace training to professional rescuers and the public. We are a training center for American Heart Association and American Red Cross. We specialize in teaching nurses, pharmacists, paramedics, EMTs and first responders basic life support (BLS) classes.
We offer classes in American Heart Association and American Red Cross certified Standard First Aid, CPR/AED and Bloodborne Pathogens.
We teach Responding to Emergencies, ALS/PALS, and lifeguarding.
We also provide workplace safety classes that address back injury protection, slips, trip and fall prevention, stress management and workplace violence awareness.
Our Clients Include
- Doctors Offices
- Manufacturing Facilities
- Dental Hygienists
- Call Centers
- Health Care Facilities
- Fire Departments
full list available on request
Our elite group of health and safety trained professionals work in emergency medicine or in educational settings.
- Janice Hartman – MS in Education, First In-Training Education Coordinator
- Daniel A. Hartman, Sr. – Certified EMT/Firefighter, Red Cross and American Heart BLS/FA Instructor
- Angela Hartman Ruhlig – MS in Adolescent Education
- Fernando Colon – BS in Aeronautical Science
- Daniel A. Hartman, Jr. – BS in Emergency Management, Baltimore City EMT/Firefighter, Red Cross and American Heart BLS/FA Instructor
- Gene Reyzin – Medical degree, NYS AEMT-P, Red Cross and America Heart BLS/FA Instructor, ACLS, PALS, ITLS Instructor
- Sarah Walker – NYS AEMT-P, Red Cross and America Heart BLS/FA Instructor, Associate Degree in Applied Sciences in Nursing
- Brianna Brewer – NYS EMT, Red Cross and America Heart BLS/FA Instructor, United States Air Force Medical Technician-Specializing in Flight Med
- Julia Hourigan – NYS EMT, Red Cross and America Heart BLS/FA Instructor, BA in Media Studies